T his isn't perfect but it's getting better. I've made a way to convert my own music to a cut-down MIDI format that my driver reads and plays. The sound here is being captured from a real Vic and it doesn't sound bad. [update 21 Apr 21] I've updated the video embedded above. I did more work on my driver and ironed out some problems with the timing. As a result it sounds way more solid. I've also added a little percussion using the fourth (noise) channel of the VIC chip. As before, the sound is captured from a real Vic. This music is for my Yvonne game (still in progress).
T his part of the board is looking very industrial: Although this board is simpler in some respects than the sixtyclone, check out the number of components packed into this area: I had been worried about soldering those particular components neatly with many of them being stood to attention, but I'm pleased with how it's looking. Note the missing video socket. I did order the 5-pin socket, but have since decided to fit an 8-pin one (3 pins obviously won't go through the pcb and will have to be removed/bent) because I eventually plan to make the s-video mod and it'll be nice to use the same lead that I use with C64's - I'll should be able to make the extra s-video connections onto the back of the socket.